PDA

View Full Version : NW Chapter Event???

CW
November 14th, 2004, 19:25
Are we going to have an official event any time soon? We need get things going in this region. Maybe a snow run in December? I think if people at least post up with runs thery are planning on going on we will be able to meet eachother and have a lot more fun.

ECKSJAY
November 14th, 2004, 20:17
Good luck. ;)

cherokeekid
November 14th, 2004, 21:57
Good luck. ;)

?

ECKSJAY
November 14th, 2004, 22:05
?

?

CW
November 14th, 2004, 22:20
????

cherokeekid
November 14th, 2004, 22:23
?

I meant WTF do you mean by Good luck? putting a run together is easy, keeping it small is harder.

ECKSJAY
November 14th, 2004, 22:24
I meant WTF do you mean by Good luck? putting a run together is easy, keeping it small is harder.

Just what I said...

What are you looking for?

Willis
November 14th, 2004, 23:02
A snow run is in the planning stages right now. Topic will be posted shortly with details. This will be an unofficial event.

Steve

XJourney
November 15th, 2004, 10:13
How does the 18th sound to you guys?

And does anyone have a good suggestion of where to go? Up around Snoquamie(sp?) or Stevens Pass ????

smallxj
November 15th, 2004, 10:30
i dont think there is enough snow yet to have a snow run. why not go to reiter or walker valley

CW
November 15th, 2004, 11:56
i dont think there is enough snow yet to have a snow run. why not go to reiter or walker valley
There should be by then. I'm assuming he meant Dec. 18th since Nov. 18th is a thursday. You guys are going to make me drive 3 hours.:rattle:

XJourney
November 15th, 2004, 12:02
Yea I meant dec 18th Sorry for the confusion I think that there should be snow by then. Most all of the ski areas are open.

Howard is doing a liberty run on the NOV 20th if your interested.

hards91xj
November 15th, 2004, 18:14
Yea I meant dec 18th Sorry for the confusion I think that there should be snow by then. Most all of the ski areas are open.

Howard is doing a liberty run on the NOV 20th if your interested.
Sure tell on Me.And your not going.
Plan on leaving Tacoma by 6:30 am.

XJCasper
November 15th, 2004, 18:17
Sounds fun. D@mn, my XJ isn't prepped yet.

smallxj
November 16th, 2004, 13:09
You could go to Jacks pass always good snow there its kinda by skycomish and index I would be intrested in going

Glenn B
November 16th, 2004, 13:46
I will be in Leavenworth then. Early Christmas with the family.... I am hoping for lots of snow. :D

Glenn

XJCasper
November 29th, 2004, 01:27
So, is this still in the works?

Jason

2xtreme
November 29th, 2004, 08:02
I will second Jacks Pass.
I think I might be able to make the 18th work.

I love SNOW!!

Michael

XJCasper
November 29th, 2004, 13:57
I guess I will put in for that day off. I don't have my front two hooks yet. Ordered them yesterday. What other equipment would I need that I might not have on a virtually stock XJ?

2xtreme
November 29th, 2004, 16:28
I guess I will put in for that day off. I don't have my front two hooks yet. Ordered them yesterday. What other equipment would I need that I might not have on a virtually stock XJ?

That could be a long list :)

If we are in the snow, I would plan on at least tire chains. Most of the others responding on this post are reasonably well equiped with spare parts, jacks, etc, etc.

As always the most important things are tow points front and back. CB and your own tow strap are well worth it. And always bring plenty of food and cloths for the weather.

Protection is always what gets suggested first on the list!!

Michael

XJourney
November 29th, 2004, 17:33
Alright lets set it in stone.

Saturday Dec 18 upto Jacks pass.
You know any where go to meet??
Maybe a McDonalds (easy to find and some people will eat breakfast there)

As far as equipment
Recovery points
Fire extinguisher
First aid kit
Recovery strap
Extra clothing and food(you never know when you will have to sleep out in the woods.
Spare (full size preferred)(jack is also helpful but most of us have spares)
CB (highly recommended but not mandatory)

And as far as you stock cherokee is concerned. Last year I was able to out do a Toy on 32 BFG MT, with my balding street tread. Just make sure you have recocery points front and rear and you will be just fine.

I am going to start a new thread on this snow run.

hards91xj
November 29th, 2004, 21:30
If this was happening after Xmas I would be there ,too many gatherings before . Have Fun.. :wave:

XJourney
November 29th, 2004, 23:12
I would be up for another one in Jan or Feb.

Sorry you can't make it but I understand :wave:

XJCasper
November 30th, 2004, 02:09
I will put in to try and get the 18th off. A little late now, but I will try.

Tomorrow UPS is supposed to drop off a present of safety toys to toss into the Jeep

BUT, I still need to install some front tow hooks (on order) and pick-up some chains. I have a CB (someplace) that I have had with the intents of installing in three different vehicles. The CB outlasts the vehicles. The vehicles keep getting totalled. I think the only thing I need is to come up with a good mount and find all of the hardware. Tomorrow I might dig the crap out and head up to the CB shop in Fed. Way.

Anyway,
Rear Recovery point :star:
Fire Extinguisher :gag: Could be better quality
First Aid kit :star:
Recover Strap :star:
CB :speepin: I will get around to it. Just got to figure out where to run all of the dang wires.
Rear Recovery Point :hang: But they are on the way.