• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which tires?

Brian Felts

NAXJA Forum User
Im getting ready to upgrade tires.looks like this go around im going to be limited to 31's mabey 32s .Im tor between Dunlop mud rovers,maxxis buckshots, and trxuss MTs anyone have experience wiht these?my rig is still very moch my daily driver that sees 100+miles of asphalt a day. :NAXJA:

100 miles a day on asphalt? Consider BFG ATs. You'll get 40K miles on these and they do well off-road. You'll wear out mud tires quickly doing that much highway driving.

YETI said:
Whats wrong with MTR's? Good dual purpose tire.
a little too expensive for me.Unless I can score a set of rubi take offs rims and all from my local off road shop.He sells them for 500 a set when he has them.

get the mud rovers. They are cheap and very durable even for having a "thin" sidewall. They air down decently and have gone places i never thought i could take my jeep offroad with open/open diffs! Im sure TSL's would be better or even the Trxus, but im very happy with the mud rovers and my freind has around 6k miles on them and they dont even look that worn at all, he rotates every oil change with a 5 tire rotation.

Jason

i run the mud rovers and a buckshot. after one trip with the buckshot i already have a chunk of sidewall missing. i love the mud rovers, i am going to be picking up my second set tuesday.

Go with the trxuss. Great all around tire. Much better than an AT in the mud & as good as most AT's on the street in all weather conditions. I've got around 25k on mine. They wear very nicely. JIM.

thanks for the advice guys.One big concern is which tire is closest to its rated size.Thats why im not sure if Im gonna go w 31s or 32s I want the full 31 inches and most arent.my30s are actually 28s. :us:

When they delivered my tires to the local shop, the owner asked them why 32's were sent instead of the 31's ordered. They were the correct 31's. I don't think they make the trXus in a 32. JIM.

Bmxpunk1369 said:
Kumho Venture MT's.

Cheap, wear nice, and solid sidewalls. Not even a lot of hum on the road. good solid cheap tire

These are made in Korea if that matters.

B-loose

GO TRXUS, you won't regret it. Trxus are also true to size, so I'll bet most 32's will be same size as Truxs 31's.

Back