• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best TUBE Rock Rails?? Pics?

Red97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I already have one dent in drivers side rocker, time to invest before it gets worse. I know I don't like the look of the 2x2 or 2x4's so what do you guys is good for the money. I think somewhere I saw a bottom square with a side tube on it, that was ok to. I like the warn, but I am not sure id this connects to frame rail or just the pinch seem?

Let the opinions be known, and pics are a bonus. And of course, a price and place to buy are even better.

Thanks, you guys rock!

Jason

97 Red XJ, RE 3.5, 32 MTR's, front and rear hitches, roof rack, etc.

here's what mine looks like, but i built them, sorry. Cost just about a $100 :D
DSCN1050.jpg

Let me know if you want more pics

best?? custom made! Find a local fabricator to make you a set to your specs and get the best of all of the solutions in one :)

In any case search for the threads on this topic as there were quite a few mentioned as well as quite a few pics posted (I think that the most recent one was within last 7 days)

JKS MFG is very strong... i have them and they're exactly what you desribe. 2 mounts on the frame and then 5 pinch weld seams. very strong and durable but a bit pricey jksmfg.com supernerfs

Any body got pics of C4x4 and Aj's? It seems like the Aj's stick our far, but maybe can be used as step? The c4x4 seem to hug close to body, but maybe enough out to still be in the way to get in and out? (daily driver in Indiana snow/mud/salt)

thanks for the pics in advance!

Jason
going to BADLANDS tommorow!

I have a set of Tomken. I have only used them once, full length with a rear wheel off the ground. A little scratched but not bent. I think there fine for now. We will see when I drop it on one.
O

I have the c4x4 double tube rocker guards and I will tell you that the only downside is that my pants clean off the rockers every time I get out. If you are worried about getting dirty then I would say stay away from this type. I would also say that a little dirt is worth the protection gained.

Later,
Rough

Rough 01 said:
I have the c4x4 double tube rocker guards and I will tell you that the only downside is that my pants clean off the rockers every time I get out.
Step rails will do this too...it's quite a wakeup when you brush that after they've been covered in snow for a day or so.

Last edited:
AJ is usually willing to work with you so you're getting exactly what you want. I have his 2x2 rails, they're plenty strong and the price is right. The only thing I regret is not getting something that sticks out far enough to stand on, it'd make tying down my canoe a little easier.

Red97XJ said:
Any body got pics of C4x4 and Aj's? It seems like the Aj's stick our far, but maybe can be used as step? The c4x4 seem to hug close to body, but maybe enough out to still be in the way to get in and out? (daily driver in Indiana snow/mud/salt)

thanks for the pics in advance!

Jason
going to BADLANDS tommorow!

no pics but I have AJ's super rails 1/8" wall round tube rails. I love them. The picture on his site is old and shows 3 small round tubes going from the square rocker guard to the outer round hoop. When I got mine I was pleased to see that he changed the design to only 2 of these support bars and they are 2" round tube just like the outer hoop tube. It looks alot beefier.
They do stick out a ways but I appreciate that and you will too next time you have to drive past a big rock or you're tipped to one side and the ground threatens to bash your doors in. These rails will keep you off of obstacles and they stick out just far enough so that your entire door is protected. Good if you need to use them to pivot also. The fact that they don't bend upwards would make them stronger also. I like that I can Hi-Lift from the outer tube also. My wife likes that she can use it as a step and I also like that I can stand on it to wax the roof.
I don't see any downsides to this design other than as someone else mentioned it'll get your leg dirty if you aren't careful.

y2kxj said:
no pics but I have AJ's super rails 1/8" wall round tube rails. I love them. The picture on his site is old and shows 3 small round tubes going from the square rocker guard to the outer round hoop. When I got mine I was pleased to see that he changed the design to only 2 of these support bars and they are 2" round tube just like the outer hoop tube. It looks alot beefier.
They do stick out a ways but I appreciate that and you will too next time you have to drive past a big rock or you're tipped to one side and the ground threatens to bash your doors in. These rails will keep you off of obstacles and they stick out just far enough so that your entire door is protected. Good if you need to use them to pivot also. The fact that they don't bend upwards would make them stronger also. I like that I can Hi-Lift from the outer tube also. My wife likes that she can use it as a step and I also like that I can stand on it to wax the roof.
I don't see any downsides to this design other than as someone else mentioned it'll get your leg dirty if you aren't careful.
i said "also" alot huh?

do you need to paint AJ's bars? or do they come with a coat of color? from the pics i saw i cant tell if they come in raw metal or coated. im investing in a set of those as soon as my lift and tires go on. Thanks.

Justin

I finally decided on Custom 4x4 Fabrications dual tube rock rails. I think they look super sweet, he only charged $34 to ship em, and they are made of Sch. 40 PIPE, NOT tubeing! Super strong, and at only $265 powder coated, heck of a buy, he took off $25 as I wanted mine bare, I am going to try some of the great POR15 I hear so much about. As a side bonus, he has several sets in stock already in box ready to ship! I am waiting 2 weeks till the next batch as I want em bare.

I will try and post pics when I get em on.

Jason

Back