• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IPF 630 amber lens question

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
by accident I got the amber lens version: how much light am I sacrificing in comparison to the clear lens model? I'm trying to decide if I wanna put those in or sell them or just order clear lenses (latter if possible)

Thanks

Are they fog or driving? I like the contrast with yellow lite, the human eye sees better with yellow than white. I want to get the Yellow star bulbs from Hella for my "fog" lites.

In theory, yellow is better for dealing with fog - not sure where I read/heard it but if'n it was me I'd probably just run them as is.

r@m

Some places have restrictions on the amber or yellow lens. Blinds oncoming drivers.
I used them for years, work well in most situations, not so hot for making out details in the trail, the yellow kind of washes out the colors. Definately help in the rain. fog and mist, somewhat in the dust.
I´ve never had a plastic or composite housing that lasted very long. I have a whole box full of single lenses and housings.
Metal seems to hold up better. Thick glass lenses also seem to help.

Back