• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

full width axles

90KrawlerXJ

NAXJA Member #1067
Has anyone run full width truck axles. Ie dana 60 front and semi-float 14 bolt rear. I'm looking for any info on fender trimming, and flares that will work with this set-up. Will the ever popular TJ flares work? I plan on using all the stock supension points, but they will be made much stronger. The goal is to run 37X12.5 BFG Krawlers.

I may be wrong, but I don't think your tires will tuck into any flares with full widths. Why the need for flairs? Just run cut fenders, less to lose on the trail.

90KrawlerXJ said:
Has anyone run full width truck axles. Ie dana 60 front and semi-float 14 bolt rear. I'm looking for any info on fender trimming, and flares that will work with this set-up. Will the ever popular TJ flares work? I plan on using all the stock supension points, but they will be made much stronger. The goal is to run 37X12.5 BFG Krawlers.
Nope. No one has ever swaped bigger axles in.
SEARCH.

If you are going to run the size & weight of a 14B, why go SF? FF is much smarter.

Running a full width d60 front on the stock suspension arms is a waist of time. The d60 is fully worth the time, but working to maintain a crap suspension design is a waist. If you keep coils in the front make longer links.

14 bolts are cool, you can shave off alot, you can even cut and plate the bottom for more clearance. A d70 would be just as strong as a 14bolt, stronger then a d60 but the same clearance a d60. I traded my d70 for a 14bolt and Im impressed with the design of the 14bolt. lots of stuff on the 14bolt is larger then what was on the d70.

D60 semifloaters are for recycle bins. IMO.

fender flares... whats the point?

ashmanjeepxj said:
Running a full width d60 front on the stock suspension arms is a waist of time. The d60 is fully worth the time, but working to maintain a crap suspension design is a waist. If you keep coils in the front make longer links.

That's not what Dan Starc thinks. ;)

I thank everyone for all of their input. I got a smokin' deal on the 14 bolt. $75 at the Junyard. I'm not trying to tuck the tires under fenders; I know it ain't happenin. I'd just like a little somethin' to keep pebbles, etc. from bouncing off the sheetmetal. I've been putting in some long hours on the body to make her the prettiest girl at the prom in desert camo. LMAO

Back