• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mustang injectors??

Backdraft

NAXJA Forum User
Tried to search with no results. Will mustang injectors work in a renix engine?? I used to know but age is catching up to me.

TIA

Mike

Thanks, Thats what I thought, but i dont trust my memory anymore. This is on my back burner too, was just wanting to make sure first.

Is the switch to Mustang injectors a mod. to accompany head work, stroker kit, etc? Or does it work fine alone? I have replaced one of my injectors already and I now have another that needs replacing. Might be a good time.

I've got a 93' with the 4.0L H.O. motor. It's got a K&N cone filter, high flow cat, flowmaster muffler, and a Poweraid T.B. spacer. That's it for engine mods if that helps.

David Tucker said:
Is the switch to Mustang injectors a mod. to accompany head work, stroker kit, etc? Or does it work fine alone? I have replaced one of my injectors already and I now have another that needs replacing. Might be a good time.

I've got a 93' with the 4.0L H.O. motor. It's got a K&N cone filter, high flow cat, flowmaster muffler, and a Poweraid T.B. spacer. That's it for engine mods if that helps.

Your HO engine uses larger injectors than the earlier Renix (non-HO) engines. The 5-litre Mustang injectors are a good, low-cost stock replacement for the stock Renix injectors, not a modification. They are too small for your engine.

Just wondering Eagle, you said 5.0 injectors are to small for a 4.0? i thought they come in various sizes from 19 up to like high 20's? how come i've heard so many others using these on HO's and gaining from it? If you put 24lb injectors in an HO would'nt you gain from it with other mods as they are bigger than stock? or am i wrong?

Thanx

eric

The stock 5.0L Mustang injectors everyone uses as replacements for the non-HO 4.0L are the 19-pound ones. They are cheap because people hop up their 'Stangs and need larger injectors.

Different years of the HO used either 22 pound or 24 pound injectors. Just to confuse the issue more, Jeep rates their injectors at a different fuel pressure from Ford. The Renix injectors are 19.6 pounds, but rated at a slightly higher pressure than the Ford 19 pound injectors. So when you run the Ford injectors in a Jeep, they provide a bit over 20 pounds, plus having a finer atomization pattern than the stock Renix injectors.

If you are ready to get new injectors, check out this site. I just bought a set of Bosch new injectors, lifetime warranty, free shipping and looked everywhere but could not find a better deal. And they have everything and anything you want. Mustang injectors etc.....:
http://www.fiveomotorsport.com

All are 100% guaranteed and carry a lifetime warranty against failure.

All fuel injectors are brand new units unless otherwise indicated.

Casper

Darn. I forgot to give you an idea on price. I bought stock injectors, and paid 25.00 a piece. And if I remember correctly, a set of new Mustang 5.0 injectors will fit our Jeep 4.0 engines, and run around 180.00 for a set of 8, but you can buy them in sets of 6, or even 4, and I think you can even buy one at a time if you are replacing only one.........

Casper

Back