• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

After market skid plates

BenXJCA

NAXJA Forum User
Which Brand should I choose for a gas tank skid and a transfercase skid? and why?
TIA

I was in the same dilemma as you a while ago.

I'd recommend the TC skid first though.

I looked all around and finally had to decide between rusty's and skid row's. There was a dollar difference, but if you check around you can get both cheaper.

I went with skid row's because it looked beefier, and it also provided a hole to drain fluids.

I was not disappointed when I recieved my new plate. The welds were flawless, and the plate bolted right up.

As for the gas tank skid, check every boneyard you can, you won't be disappointed.

I found one for 5.00 (I already had one, but wanted to play...see my prior post about modifying gt skids.)

Go to the U-Pulls, cause the others just overcharge.

HTH,

John

Tomken

I went with Tomken as it offered rail to rail coverage. Price was great as well. Really simple design but stought.

I went with Rusty's,It was a quick and easy install. I also went w/ his engine skid, not so quick and easy. Bottom line is that all of these TC skids offer plenty of protection and all at a fraction of the cost of even a used TC housing.

I have a Tomken gas tank skid, and a Skid Row t-case skid. both have taken a hard lick with NO dents or problems.

I have a SkidRow as well... althought the thing is still in the box... :) I'm gonna slap that thing on in the next week, I am just getting started on curing the cronic rust above the cat problems of the cherokee's. the things beefy though like lawless said... I'd bet it outlasts everythign else.

Does anyone have a pic of the Tomken transfer skid installed?

I'm also looking to upgrade my transfer case skid and I have never seen how this one mounts. TIA

Tomken Skid

Keep in mind they make two types. This is the rail to rail type I got for $70

54809828803_0_ALB.jpg

Another shot
26809828803_0_ALB.jpg

Back