• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocker Guards....

Royce

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I am looking into either buying or making rocker protection... probably buying since i dont have too much free time lately. Anyways... I came across these, I wonder if they would actually hold up or if they are just the next ebay offroad item.

Any thoughts?

LINK

2nd LINK

I saw them to, my thought was they may be good if you had other rocker guards with it. I have C4x4 square tube ones, they are tough, but I do have two small dents from the mounts where they barely touch.

Also the ebay specials do not porvide any door protection, I wish the C4x4's stuck out a little more. I woundn't waste your money on them, you could do that same thing with a cheap piece of angle later on your own.

They look to me like a piece of angle-iron, slightly shaped, then riveted onto the rockers. I can't see them being terribly protective, but then I could be wrong.

Yeah, just riveting or screwing those things to the factory rockers wouldn't seem to do much more than push the whole rocker in the same amount all the way down the side. Thats why I thought I never saw that style before. Those edges aren't the same as the wranglers. I like some of those designs, its a shame they arent able to do that on the XJ's.

Looks like a piece of angle iron, not very thick either, doesn't take CAD design to figure that out. You can do a lot better for your money. Did you check out their rear bumper, not sure but it looks like it uses just the stock mounts :eek: Hate to see someone yank on that D-ring if that's the case.

Back