• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I voted 91 times

Beezil

Member #Nay
NAXJA Member
just wanted to start a new thread on something I replied to on another to put out a feeler

I voted 91 times.

Once for my president and vice, Once for my US senator, my congress reps, various chicago positions, and the rest were cook county judge seats. Lastly, there was a referendum

Instead of mindlessly punching ballots for these positions like some of the uneducated who believe they are either REQUIRED to do so, or think its the "right thing to do" I did hours of extensive research on the judges who appeared on my sample ballot.

SEVERAL judges recieved terrible performance marks from bar associations and a couple non-profit ORG's that are responsible for the evaluations. In fact, some evaluations were so scathing, it makes you wonder how they got there in the first place. On my ballot, these particular judges do not run on a political ticket, they are merely seeking to withhold thier seats. JUDGES have a much greater effect on the quality of your life, and the laws that govern you as a US citezen, perhaps to a greater degree than any other political office. Many of these judges simply do not deserve to sit on the bench, and it takes a 40% vote to unseat them, and that NEVER happens. I had a 20 page cheat-sheet to guide my voting choices. The girl in the voting booth next to me spent as much time in the voting booth as i did, and when she turned in her ballot, all 92 choices were punched. My ballot flagged an "undervote" since I did not vote for a candidate in the water reclamation district. This person walked into the voting booth with NOTHING. no list, no cheat-sheet.
How someone can vote for 92 memorized choices is not probable. Odds are, this person did what most ignorant citezens do.....they punch a ballot mindlessly, like it doesn't matter......F U C K I N G P I S S E S me off.

Last edited:
Beezil said:
How someone can vote for 91 memorized choices is not probable. Odd are, this person does what most ignorant citezens do.....they punch a ballot mindlessly, like it doesn't matter......F U C K I N G P I S S E S me off.

Yep, I use a cheat sheet as well and am in and out quickly as I know in advance what and who I'll be voting for.
Heard from a yuppie S.F. liberal in front of me at the polling place... "I don't know what I'm going to vote for..." Then what the **** are you doing there?!? :rolleyes:

don't worry, there's an equal chance she "mindlessly" punched for "your" guy :laugh3:

our country gives everyone the right to vote. it also gives the right for morons to vote. it also gives voters the right to be morons...........

I only filled out about 3/4 of the propositions on my absentee ballot.

BrettM said:
don't worry, there's an equal chance she "mindlessly" punched for "your" guy :laugh3:

thats just it!

the point on the judges is not to vote "for" someone.

we're not voting for "a or b"

we're voting "yes or no" for EACH judge to keep or lose his or her seat.

there were some judges that many people agree needed to get the boot.

and yet people vote "yes" that have no f u c k i n g clue what the hell is going on.

makes it hard to get the 40% to get rid of theses tards

I didn't have nearly as many voting options on my ballot as yours did but I also had a cheat sheet. If I don't know enough to make a educated decision I leave it blank.

I watched a pregnant woman fill out her ballot while waiting in line for a booth. After 10 mins she stepped out of line and finished it in the middle of the room. She probably spent 5-10 mins filling out approximately 30 votes and no she didn't have a cheat sheet.

Scott Mac. said:
I didn't have nearly as many voting options on my ballot as yours did but I also had a cheat sheet. If I don't know enough to make a educated decision I leave it blank.

I watched a pregnant woman fill out her ballot while waiting in line for a booth. After 10 mins she stepped out of line and finished it in the middle of the room. She probably spent 5-10 mins filling out approximately 30 votes and no she didn't have a cheat sheet.

right awn....

so you see what I mean?

I think everyone who got thier asses to the voting booth knew who the first few choices were.....

I am disgusted that people vote for people or positions that they have no clue about....

I've known people that vote for anyone with an irish last name.

its unreal.

Something that compounds the problem is the "Get out the vote" voter registration drives. If people are to freakin' lazy or dumb to make the simple effort of registering on their own then they shouldn't be allowed to vote, let alone encouraged to vote. How the hell can dumbing down the voting process be a good thing? Arrrrggghhh! TC

13 things on my ballot, 5 were on opinions of laws. We (not my county) had a school super-intendent (sp?) re-elected, even though he has pending federal charges against him. The county he is in charge of is 90% minorities. They have some of the lowest rated schools in augusta.

there were like 9 things to vote for here, i had no cheat sheet but i knew what i was voting on and who for.besides i only voted on the 5 i had knowledge of.

As a side note, I highly recommend the absentee ballot. Makes the entire process so much easier. You don't have to deal with the lines, etc. I don't understand why more people don't do this.

I don't know about other states, but in California they list the political party for each of the more major cantidates, for some smaller county positions they list the persons occupation. I have a feeling many people just vote based off those things.

Beezil said:
right awn....

so you see what I mean?

I think everyone who got thier asses to the voting booth knew who the first few choices were.....

I am disgusted that people vote for people or positions that they have no clue about....

I've known people that vote for anyone with an irish last name.

its unreal.

Isn't Rafferty an Irish name????

We only had two judges for rentention, and one of them has pending DUI charges. Think either of them were canned???

I just had to deal with electioneering, and the biddy battalion trying to tell me that I live in a district I don't live in, just because my Registration card says I do.

I know what you mean, dunno how many things I voted on (never counted) but I came there armed with a filled out sample ballot and left five or so blank because I didn't have the info.

Scott Mac. said:
I never even thought to ask for a sample ballot. Our local county paper always publishes the contests and lists them by community.
Here in CA they send them out to registered voters, not a bad thing at all. Has all the things you'll be voting on in your district laid out exactly how you are going to encounter it at the polling place, also about 75% of it is information about the canidents and propisitions (they have for and against arguments), even with the information though I still do real Internet research.

Sequoia

Back