• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear wheelwell rubbing

Drewlee77

NAXJA Forum User
I'm only running 30's and I rub just a little bit with the top center inside edge of the tire in the middle of the wheelwell when I stuff it all the way... My question is, did that little indention (for the spare tire) ever become a rub point for you guys running bigger tires? Seems like if I'm not rubbing there now, I wouldn't rub there later - I'd just rub where I am now sooner... but I wanted to be sure before I planned the sub box to conform to that indention... TIA

I'm not sure when i put my TJ flairs on i beat the indentation out since i didn't need it. a little rubing isn't the end of the world but with stock flairs I don't think it will be a problem.

Rubbing the back inside wall of the wheel well is common to large tires and good articulation. You just don't want it to rub to badly. This can be controlled by back spacing of your wheel in combination with tire size. I've don't think I've heard of anyone needing to do any mods to that part of the wheel well with a correct combo of wheel and tire.

mark
orgs mfg

I'm not worried about the rubbing I have now. I just don't want that little indention to limit my flex later on when I have larger tires... but if noone has rubbed there then I'll just leave it there....

Back