• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer case question???

96country

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 Cherokee, and the transfer case wants to slip out of low range. It stays in high range fine, but acts like the lever won't go far enough back to fully engage low range. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I was considering using a dremel on the back of the guide to let the lever go back farther to fully engage.

Thanks

I have the same problem with my 93. It keeps popping the transfer case back into neutral. I have to pull it into low range so hard almost to the point that I feel like I'm going to break it off to make it stay in low range. I don't think that really helps, because that is not the way it is suppose to work. So any help for us would be appreciated.

K9Cop

The very first thing to check is the adustment onthe linkage. Its a comen problem. When I have to adust the linkage I remove the linkage from the TC and put the case in low by hand then posion the lever where it should be then adust the linkage till it fits. I'm not sure whet the offical way is but it works for me. If that doesnt work something internaly is not right and that leads to more work.

Back