• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar question

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a replacement track bar(used, tks 00xj) for my 91 problem is the boot for the balljoint is ripped, can I get a new boot somewhere?? Also can someone give me the Help# for the wiper repair bushings ? Gotta run, no time to do a search before church!:angel:

You can find boots on the HELP! rack, right where you're going to look for the wiper bushings. I'm going from memory here, but I think the wiper bushing kit is #49445.

I've been to two stores and neither had the correct boot, the replacement ball joint was even the wrong one!!! One more store to try on the way home and then I have to fix it somehow. cheapxj here we come!!!!:repair:

When I've looked at the HELP! rack at both Pep Boys and Auto Zone, they have offered at least three different rubber boots. One of those should fit any tie rod end.

You are aware that they don't seal to anything, right? On a tie rod end the boot just sits there are is compressed by the arm or bracket that the studs fits through. I don't see how you could find one that won't fit.

the trackbar boot seems to seal, They had the right bottom diameter but the hole for the stud to go through was 1.5x bigger. Think that will work?

The stud is tapered -- are you looking at the threaded end, or the thick part at the root of the taper? That's where the boot sits when it's installed.

The ones I have found seem to be too big, I'll stop in and check after school today. I attempted to remove the old one last nite, man the upper bolts are a pain! The 00 that I just did a lift on had a stud plate so a few quick turns and the nuts were off. Not so on my 91. Might have to get the lovely assistant(wife) to come out and hold a wrench for me!

Back