• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel injector please help

herreraxto

NAXJA Forum User
i need your help please, i yesterday found that one of the injectors was leaking really bad i want to replace the o rings by today dont have a spare car o rigth and need to go to school and work on monday, but i never done this before if you give me some advise on how to change them or post some pics i really will apreciate your help TIA

Well, that happened to me too. (it was spraying all over the engine bay) I assure you it wasn't as hard or complicated as it seems. All you have to do is detach the rail, pull it off, take off the (inner) O ring that is done, and then (after lubricating it) put the new one on. Then you have to put the rail back on without damaging any of the o rings, bolt everything back on, and then giveratry!

Make sure its not the injector itself... The older xj's the injectors are what is leaking. When installing them back in just use some WD40, not a whole lot because it will cause the engine to run funny for a couple of minutes. The orings on the injectors are pretty straight forward. Have fun....

Scott

Back