• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing new fuel injector

tom63

NAXJA Forum User
I received my Ford 19lb injectors today from Fiveomotor and was wondering if the tan cap at the bottom of the injector needs to be removed or does it stay attached. Thanks.

Ummmm...there are only three openings that I can think of, one for fuel in, fuel out, and the electrical connector.
InjectD5B_140.jpg

Do you have a fourth?

Ah - a shipping cap. Yah - pul it off and toss it - it's there to keep the pintle seat and nose from getting AFU on the way to you. You won't need them once you have the injectors installed.

Use some assembly lube on the orings before installation so you don't "skin" them on the way in and end up with a fuel leak. I find it easier to seat the injectors into the fuel rail and put in the retaining clips, then ease the whole rail assembly into place as a unit.

5-90

You may have to use a razor blade to nick the cap and make it split - if you do that, plan on replacing the o-rings (which you should do anyhow) and if the caps are stuck, it's a cinch that they're shot anyhow. Last time I got the set, it was $13 at the dealer - about a buck a ring. For orings that won't dissolve in fuel, that's not too bad. Buy a spare set while you're there.

Be careful where you cut - even if you have spare rings, you want to be careful to not nick the injector body.

5-90

Are you sure those are caps????? There is a hat shaped "cap" on the business end that is part of the injector. It has a hole through the middle where the fuel sprays through. If this is what you're seeing, don't remove it.

I'd have to agree with PaulJ. When I installed my injectors from Five0Motorsports I don't recall them having been shipped with any caps. I believe I thought the same thing at first glance...that those were caps when they weren't.

5-90 said:
You may have to use a razor blade to nick the cap and make it split - if you do that, plan on replacing the o-rings (which you should do anyhow) and if the caps are stuck, it's a cinch that they're shot anyhow. Last time I got the set, it was $13 at the dealer - about a buck a ring. For orings that won't dissolve in fuel, that's not too bad. Buy a spare set while you're there.

Be careful where you cut - even if you have spare rings, you want to be careful to not nick the injector body.

5-90

I paid $11 per injector set, two o rings. $11 times 6 was $66!!! But they were a pretty blue color.

Back