• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C&C 14 bolt, discs, hits springs??

JJacobs

NAXJA Forum User
I'm putting a 63" wide cab and chassis 14 bolt in my XJ. I saw right away the stock drums weren't going to fit so went with a disc swap using Chevy 1/2 ton calipers. It's still a really tight fit, like the back of the banjo bolt holding the brake hose is 1/16 inch from the spring pack...
Anybody dealt with this? Of course the caliper stands are already welded on, so I'm thinking about pulling the springs toward each other 1/2 inch per side before burning the spring pads on. Think that'll hold up for the summer?

Your bushings are gonna hate you. I give 'em four good trails before they're totally shot. =)

So Doug, you're saying next Thursday I will have to replace them? Get your axle in yet?

I was thinking about welding the pads at a bit of an angle so there's no real side load on the springs. :eek: I know, on PBB this would be considered very booty fab. But, I still have to hang the front axle and time is running out, or I'd outboard the stock mounts a bit. Maybe after botw.

Yer still going to BOTW? I already bailed. stupid Saturn engine...

There's still gonna be a side load on the bushings because they're not hanging straight down, but the spring will probably be fine. I don't see any problems other than that. Leaf springs are pretty horrible at locating axles anyway. =)

Moving them under the frame is quite a bit more involved. If Jon's planning on hitting the trails this weekend, that may be a bit too ambitious.

Back