• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prototype rear ARB bumper pictures taken.

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
I was at the National 4wd show all day yesterday and spied this new prototype rear ARB bumper with twin swing-a-ways. They are going to produce them only for 80 and 100 series Land Cruisers and GQ and GU Nissan Patrols I'm afraid. Thought I would shoot off some pictures anyway as there are some good design ideas there and might be of some use to those thinking of new designs.

Rarb 001.jpg

Rarb 002.jpg

Rarb 003.jpg

Rarb 004.jpg

Rarb 005.jpg

Rarb 006.jpg

Rarb 007.jpg

Rarb 008.jpg

Looks interesting, but what's that big ol' thing sticking up between the tire and body?

Yucca-Man said:
Looks interesting, but what's that big ol' thing sticking up between the tire and body?
That is just an arial for Flying Doctor Radio. It is a service for remote areas where there is no other way of reaching anyone. Was set up to get medical help any where any place as they will tell you what to do, or if needed, send out a doctor by small plane to land on a track or dirt strip. Been running for about 50 years. They also get used for the schools of the air where station kids have their lessons over the air as they dont go to school. You can also book to have telephone calls made over the service. Satelite phones are getting used more often now a days though.

I heard a rumour that ARB had bought the rights to the AEV XJ bumper to market under the ARB name.

Any truth to that? Anyone heard?

r@m

Root Moose said:
I heard a rumour that ARB had bought the rights to the AEV XJ bumper to market under the ARB name.

Any truth to that? Anyone heard?

r@m

I know they are already making them for AEV but that is all.

Here is some pictures I just took this morning of another company that makes them to suit XJ's. I selling this one for them at the moment for $400 AUD f( $1240 new ) for any other Aussies out there? Might give someone some ideas anyway on making their own. If I was to do it I would build a bumper to carry it and have the hinge point inside the bar coming out the top like a Kmar one. This one is good as you dont have to change the bumper it you didn't want to.

Swingaway%20001.jpg

Swingaway%20002.jpg

Swingaway%20003.jpg

Swingaway%20004.jpg

Swingaway%20005.jpg

Swingaway%20006.jpg

Swingaway%20007.jpg

As always, the Aussies are full of good ideas.

Hey Gojeep-- Australian 4WD Monthly website seems to be nonresponsive over her-- any luck closer to it? http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/

The local book shop quit carrying it, and I want to see if they'll subscribe me over here in the States...

Hell yeah, I'm excited about this because IMO there weren't many if any good looking rear bars for the 80-series. I've all but sold the Jeep and am buying my dad's FZJ 80 :D

Thanks for the info Marcus!

Ary

burntkat said:
As always, the Aussies are full of good ideas.

Hey Gojeep-- Australian 4WD Monthly website seems to be nonresponsive over her-- any luck closer to it? http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/

The local book shop quit carrying it, and I want to see if they'll subscribe me over here in the States...

The site has been down a few times in the last week. Just try again as it is up as I type this again. They will send overseas as I know of subscribers in Iceland I think it said in the last issue.
Pretty expensive to even send a single copy as it would cost me about $16 USD to send a single one including the magazine. This one is pretty heavy as is 324 pages!
If anyone wants the current issue with my Jeep in it I would be more than happy to send it at cost. ( $16 altogether )

Gojeep said:
The site has been down a few times in the last week. Just try again as it is up as I type this again. They will send overseas as I know of subscribers in Iceland I think it said in the last issue.
Pretty expensive to even send a single copy as it would cost me about $16 USD to send a single one including the magazine. This one is pretty heavy as is 324 pages!
If anyone wants the current issue with my Jeep in it I would be more than happy to send it at cost. ( $16 altogether )

Count me in, sir!

Got an email from them earlier-- $176AUD to subscribe....

burntkat said:
Count me in, sir!

Are you saying you would like me to send a copy over? If so, please email me with your address details and PayPal the money.

Cheers

Back