• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pick up my new ride tommrow

bzdel2441

NAXJA Forum User
I am picking up my new 89' 2wd MJ w/258K tommrow night. This weekend I want to go over it with a fine tooth comb and look for any potential problems. It does have a new AW4 within the past 2 years and there has to have been some engine work becasue the block is painted red. Anything I should be on the lookout for?

I also may want to change all the fluids...Can anyone tell me what what kinds to use.

Chassis Grease - Book says NLGI No. 2 - but wont any grease work?

Engine Oil - I know its up in the air about what kind to use but what is the best? I know the book says 5w-30, but I know most people dont run that.

Coolant - I will flush and refill with standard green coolant

Brake Fluid - Flush and fill with DOT-3

Trans Fluid - Book says Mercon ATF but isnt it Dextron III??

Rear Diff Fluid - Book Says 75w-90/or/80w-90 which one is better rember the truck will be my DD

Power Steernig Fluid - Book says Jeep power steering fluid, what does that mean?

Also I know there have been may arguments about synthetic oils. Sould I go synthetic or not?

Thanks For Any Help In Advance
Chris

Back