• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is the AC Done....

Jeep839

NAXJA Forum User
well my next question is i put a new motor in my truck like 2 years ago and i noticed after i hooked everything back up that the black wire that comes off the top of the ac condensor was burnt and disconected does this mean that the ac unit is no good or is ther just a short somewhere. also i know that i did nto burn the wire or cut it and nothing could have done this so it happend on it's own the wire burnt so bad that it disconencted.

Well, I have never seen a black wire coming off of the condensor, but there is one coming off of the compressor. If thats what it is, you might want to try looking at your fuse box and making sure all of the fuses are good, then try reconnecting the wire. Just watch it and make sure it does not fry again and burn something. If your A/C system isnt charged, the compressor wont cycle without jumping the plug to the drier. To do that, remove the connector to the drier which is right below the compressor. That connector has 2 female slots, take a short piece of wire and put one end of the wire in one slot, the other end of the wire in the other slot. If your system is not charged, I wouldnt run the compressor for too long, you could damage it without there being any oil in the system. This test will at least tell you if the compressor is locking up or not. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

90red

ok so i did what you said with putting the wire in the end of the plug and that didn't do anything when the black wire on the compressor was disconected, but when i hooked up the black wire on the condensor it blew the fuse on the heater fan in the cab. do you have anything on that?????

I have had this happen, but only after I installed a new compressor and rewired it incorrectly. There are 2 wires coming off the front of the compressor. One is from the clutch, the other from the top of the compressor, which I beleive is a ground wire. The new compressor didnt have a wire coming from the top of it, so when I installed the new one, I wired the two wires together and plugged it in and it would short everytime. So I disconnected the wire and it has stopped doing it, but it doesnt cycle at all. I think I need to ground that wire somewhere and that might solve the problem. You might want to try to clip that ground wire and see what happens, if it doesnt work you can always reconnect it to the way it was before. Again, keep asking questions and will help as much as I can.

90red

Back