• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

swap time has arrived

Slip Kid

That'll buff right out
Ok so the 87 4.0 is dead, threw a rod on the interstate. I have an entire 93 xj wrecked in the garage, and the HO now needs to move to the 87, along with it's tranny and the TC. I've posted about this in the past, prior to the 87 blowing up, and determined that I either need to swap wire harnesses, or use the Renix computer with the HO. It's been a difficult decision, and it's come down to this: I need the high-line guages, and the wire harness would be hard to swap. This is the only thing keeping me from running the Renix system on the new motor. The question is, can I use the 93's guages with the 87's computer?
Seems to me that it will all work with some custom wiring, except for the speedometer. Does the speedo get its information from the TCU? if this is the case I belive it is possible to use the speedo AND retain the Renix system. The 93 TCU needs to be used anyway due to the 87's being fried - will that work with the Renix engine controller?

I really dont want to swap wires, or have any more chrysler in there than nessesary, but as silly as it sounds, the guages will decide if I need to do the wires or not.

Back