• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good way to start the day....

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Unfortunately not the way I prefer but one of us has to work full time...
Spreading 15 tons of gravel on and in the driveway and filling in all the grand canyons from this past summers monsoon washouts along all 300ft of it... two hours shoveling, raking and hoe'ing [not to be confused with whoe'ng :D] and I think I'm ready for another breakfast... or sleep....
I could not believe how much gravel it took to fix the transition between the upper end and the 2" cap the town put on the road at that end of the driveway, at least now no more whiplash when going out that end. 10 more tons to go and we'll have two nice sized parking areas and get rid of the low area lake that we get in heavy rains but thats for next week. Now, wheres my ben gay and heating pad.

As a fellow Ben Gay user, I learned that a Ford 8n Tractor with a box blade can save a lot of wear and tear on the old joints when spreading gravel. ;)

BudTX said:
As a fellow Ben Gay user, I learned that a Ford 8n Tractor with a box blade can save a lot of wear and tear on the old joints when spreading gravel. ;)

Yup, been trying to rent one w.bucket and backhoe attached but have not been able to meet the three conditions for rental success;
1. Avaialble
2, Open day with no calls
3. No monsoon in forcast
Need to put a pipe in the end of the driveway and a trench to reroute water.
Boy, as soon as the weather channel forcast 3 days those rental models are BOOKED, been trying to figure out how they do it at nite after the place is closed, my cynical side says the contractors here have an 'understanding' with the rental owner.

Back