• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gravity sucks....or how to test your new roll cage

AzRick

NAXJA Forum User
What do you do after you've just finished building your XJ with a internal roll cage?? Duh....Potato Salad Hill, of course.

Check out my cage test :)
video

Here's the damage.........
199144014SXWFfj_ph.jpg

199144312LljXyS_ph.jpg

199144457REPukd_ph.jpg

199144563TmJjXa_ph.jpg

Not too bad, I guess. I'm gonna try and straighten the bent part of the cage and replace the glass and hatch.

If only I could have kept this one pretty for more than a month...........

Rick

That was the prettiest blue jeep I've ever seen.

It would have been me if Okie didnt need a tow back.

I'm glad that you are ok, and now that I said that, that was an awesome tip over. Good to see that the cage faired well. In the video I couldn't really tell you had one

You should have used more diamond plate ... looks like your rear quarter panel re-enforcements came away without a scratch ...

Looks like it did it's job well ...

My condolences though ... I'm sure you did not "intend" on testing it so soon.

Les

Rick, remember the last thing you said to me before going up?
"I hate climbing."

so did you try it again?

Hey, can you show us a some pictures of your cage? Me and my dad want to get/make one in the future, and since yours held up pretty well, I just wanted to see the design you used, and how you tied it to the frame

xjj33p3r said:
Hey, can you show us a some pictures of your cage? Me and my dad want to get/make one in the future, and since yours held up pretty well, I just wanted to see the design you used, and how you tied it to the frame

Check out the thread I started a few weeks ago: cage thread

You can also check out my website for some more pics of the buildup: my website

And, no, I didn't try the hill again. All the stuff that fell out of the jeep (including the broken glass) was just tossed into the back. I didn't feel like tying all that crap down. Maybe next time.

Rick

that looks awesome in slow-mo, really dramatic

Rick XTRM XJ said:
What do you do after you've just finished building your XJ with a internal roll cage?? Duh....Potato Salad Hill, of course.

Not too bad, I guess. I'm gonna try and straighten the bent part of the cage and replace the glass and hatch.

If only I could have kept this one pretty for more than a month...........

Rick

Rick

Don't get a new hatch, then we can play BOTW4 all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!

hinkley

Back