• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

16in wheels on MJ?

Kingfisher0624

NAXJA Forum User
I have a set of 285x75/16r BF goodrich MTs. Which is a 33in tire according to quadratec's formula. That I want to put on my MJ. I wanted to know which wheels would work. I am looking at a 16x7 and a 16x8. Im not sure which one would work better. It has a 3in suspension lift and the fenders have already been cut.

285/75R16 is a 32.8" x 11.2" tire. thats about 33x11.50. i'd say you'll be fine on either wheel. the 7" will make the tire sidewalls look slightly more buldged but will keep the bead better at low psi. the 8" will have less sidewall buldging but won't keep the bead quite as well. honestly, i don't think either will be an issue with either wheel.

I just put 245/75/16's on my MJ with the stock, 16 year old suspension on it.

(I put on Rubicon rims and tires that I got at a great price.)

No rubbing anywhere while on the street - I have not taken it off-road, nor will I until the lift is installed.

I'd think you'll be OK with that combo given your lift...but I'm new to MJ's. :)

http://community.webshots.com/user/sports_guy - for pics

Back