• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the jeep gods hate me....

ladywolf

UH-60L Jeep Chick
Well, the jeep gods definitely hate me this month. today i now found a hole in my radiator, which means now i have to replace the radiator, the hoses, the thermostat, and the gasket, and i think i'm also gonna have to replace the oil sending unit. dont i feel special. and all before i have to put the jeep on the boat in a month. d**m d**m d**m!!!! guess its time to call dad to have him order me more parts:(( Definitely no jeepin for awhile for this person.:(

Kris

ladywolf said:
Well, the jeep gods definitely hate me this month. today i now found a hole in my radiator, which means now i have to replace the radiator, the hoses, the thermostat, and the gasket, and i think i'm also gonna have to replace the oil sending unit. dont i feel special. and all before i have to put the jeep on the boat in a month. d**m d**m d**m!!!! guess its time to call dad to have him order me more parts:(( Definitely no jeepin for awhile for this person.:(

Kris
How big is the hole? any chance you can buy that stuff to plug it (looks like playdoh)
if you're short on time I'd just do the radiator and worry about the rest when you getit back stateside.. although it's nice and easy to doo the tstat and hoses while you got everything appart...

i'm gonna put stop leak in it tomorra to see if that helps, but other than that its gonna stay semi broken till i get it stateside and can tear it apart in a decent garage...i'm not payin anyone to do it, when i can do it myself (with help).

Kris

A good radiator shop should be able to weld the hole up for you. I would avoid putting the stop leak in your cooling system if possible. That stuff tends to make a mess of the whole cooling system. Good luck!

pioneer i'm tryin to avoid going out on the economy....germans tend to charge 3-4 times the price of anything back stateside, so i'm trying to avoid doing that for a month before the jeep goes on the boat to come back stateside, but thanks for the idear.

Kris

Back