• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Rear Bumper Woes

keel5

Member #1064
I have been wanting a rear bumper with a tire carrier since i got my XJ. Mainly because I want to get my spare out of the back of my Jeep. I have looked at all the pictures and even asked on here and decided on a Warn.

I was on the phone with Quadratec just a few minutes ago with my card in hand ready to order. The salesman asked me what year XJ I have (I have a 99), then he told me that a warn would not fit a 99 and said that Warn made some end caps for a 97-01 and discontinued them because the bumper would not fit.

Here is my question: is the mounts different for a 84-96 and a 97-01?

It would be nice to see every bumper that was mad for an XJ to make a decision. Looks are important to me because if I don't like the way it looks I will kick myself every time I look at it.

Lets do everybody a favor who is looking for a rear bumper and make a list of everybody that makes a rear bumper for an XJ.

If you have a rear bumper on your XJ Just take a minute and tell us who made it and if they have a web site that you know of. Pictures are a plus but I'm sure they can be found on the web.

Thanks for listening to my pointless rant!

i could have sworn they made some extension type bracket that would allow it to fit

edit: need to correct myself, that is for hte front bumper

if your hell bent on a warn tell them there full of it and order it. i put one on an 01 like i said in pm land your going to have to grind down the corners of you tail gate. honeslty with hind site 20/20 id go with something else. so many after market ones...i wouldnt pay that much.

I'm hardly an expert, in fact I'm very new to all of this, but I do know that a buddy of mine just fabbed up his own rear bumper, it came out good, and he did it all for about $20 worth of steel. It is obscenely expensive to buy one already made, especially considering how cheap steel is. If it's at all possible, try to find someone who can help you make your own. Plus, then you can make it look however you want it to.

I too decided on getting a Warn for my '00 cherokee. I called them (Warn) yesterday about it. They said they are coming out with a new bumper to fit the '97-'01 models, and it should be out in November. If you are really wanting the warn, like I am, just wait a little bit.

Hopefully Warn is better at getting things done than American Expedition Vehicles. I ordered a rear bumper more than a year ago from them and still haven't seen it.

Prepmech, thanks for the heads up. I thought I heard that on another post also. I think I am going to put it on the back burner for now. I just hope, like you said they are not like some others with their proposed release dates.

I first looked at Ridgidco because that is the front bumper I have. On their web site it says their rear bumper will be out in 4/04 or something like that.

I think if I wait til the spring they will have some more options for the 97-01 model. I will keep looking, maybe I will find something used or see something somebody else did that I like. I hope.

Back