• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Upgrade(s)

X Factor

NAXJA Forum User
i ask because my cherokee is the best stock 4x4 i've owned(4.0/AW4, 3.55's and 235/75 MT/R's). i wish it had a rear LSD, but no.
so what is the single best upgrade.

if keeping at stock height i would say lockers or LSD's front and rear, then maybe a winch just in case.

i'd like a lift but have to wait til i can get the one i want the first time out. i'd like to run 33's but i'd be happy w/32's or even 31's maybe. but then that would require some serious upgrades to other suspension parts

i used the search function and none of those came up. i even used those exact words. the ones that did pop up didn't even have those words in the title.

thanks for the links.

Single best upgrade that is practical for all uses is the lighting system, like Hella E codes, xenon bulbs and a GOOD set of fog lights like Hella 450's. It is also a good time to do the wiring harness upgrade like gojeep has just written up. It is very usefull both off and on road and will improve night driving like you won't believe. Second most useful is the the bumpers. Really bites to put all kinds of time and money into your jeep and have it rear ended at a stop light and/or have it pushed into a vehicle in front of you.

X Factor you have one of the best upgrades for a stocker already. The MT/R's. It's amazing what a good set of tires will do for traction.

The next best thing to do would be to remove the rear sway bar and get disconnects for the front sway bar.

And as always, armor and tow points.

karstic said:
X Factor you have one of the best upgrades for a stocker already. The MT/R's. It's amazing what a good set of tires will do for traction.

The next best thing to do would be to remove the rear sway bar and get disconnects for the front sway bar.

And as always, armor and tow points.

you ain't kiddin on the MT/R's. there's this one hill that is dirt and sand has about a 20-25 degree slope the old tires (firestone wilderness HT's, crap) would claw hard to the top, but MT/R's i was able to idle almost all the way up.

i think the first armor i will get is a tank skid plate. that thing is way to open for my liking.

Back