• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Pack Clamps?

Hiaboo

NAXJA Forum User
I'm making a new leaf pack out of a xj pack and a older dakota pack. I've searched but not much has come up.

The current issue I have is that I've been having issues finding leaf pack clamps to hold it all together, can't seem to find a place that carries em..

If anybody here knows let me know. TIA.

1/4inch thick, inch wide flat bar bent into a c (kinda like this [ ) just a right angle C. With the sides extended up to about 2inches above your spring pack and put a bolt through it that way your springs and still flex good. Thats what my alcans came with but it would be easy to make. kinda confusing but it might help. later
=cal

StevePSD said:
I bought mine from:

http://www.huskyspring.com/

Choose 'Spring Accessory Parts' on the left side menu. The spring clips are referred to as 'Rebound Clips'.
Those are the same thing I buy from my local spring shop, and they also refer to them as "rebound clips." You need the 2-1/2" width. The upper strap is even the right width to be able to reuse the stock rubber cushion. My local shop is a tad cheaper, but they don't sell over the Internet.

I see you're in Rochester. I live in Syracuse (less than 2 hrs away). We have 2 spring shops in the area, Allied Spring in East Syracuse and Fulton Spring in Fulton. These shops have everything you need for springs. A spring shop is going to be cheaper than anywhere else. Check your yellow pages. If you can't find them in there then ask anybody local that is in the heavy-duty industry (any tractor-trailer outfit) and they should be able to tell you where to get this kind of stuff in your area. Tractor-Trailers all have springs and in any large city there should be a shop that sells springs and parts for them.

I made ones out of some strap and put a bolt through the top, and welded it in. It has a 1 inch or so gap between the spring and the bolt.

I guess some people aren't worried, but considering that the steel in speings is carefully tempered to make it "springy" (technical lingo notwithstanding), I really, really don't like the idea of welding anything to a spring. Considering that I can buy new clips for $1.60 each, it just isn't worth taking the chance that the heat is going to de-temper my springs, or create a weak spot that's waiting to bite me on a remote trail.

Hiaboo said:
Awesome.. Yea I'm in Rochester- goin to school @ RIT. Nice turnout, I'll be checking out that spring site. Thanks.
cool, I'm very familiar with RIT. My sister is going there now and me best friend graduated from there. Smarty pantses!

Autozone has 2.5" leaf pack clamps.

hey guys, I just wanted to throw a small word in here about Husky Spring.
I ordered a set of Rebound clips last week, got them in about 4 days. They had been packed wrong and I only got 2 instead of 4. Called them up, Real nice guys there, admitted their mistake and have sent the other 2 out. They seem Like a good group for Spring parts. I appreciate good Customer service and with my first order, they seem like they care about it too.

Back