• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac-Loc

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
I have a trac-loc posi and I'm wondering what kind of fluid I put in the dif for that. If my mind serves me right it takes a different fluid then a standard open dif. Thanks

the actual gear oil is the same... the difference is an additive/friction modifier needs to be added to the oil as well... 75-w90 is the standard and for towing they recommend a synthetic 85-w140 (which i run all the time) the additive should be available anywhere oil products are sold but i would go to the dealer and get it from them.. the shelf at autozone and walmart can be pretty confusing as to what you really need... i dont have a limited slip so i dont actuall have a product name for you..

Just be careful with that friction modifier from the dealer.......it stinks bad! I made the mistake of storing the left over additive in a container, along with the oil, ATF, etc, and it made my Jeep stink for several months.

You can get friction modifier from Advance Auto Parts.

Read the gear lube carefully. I went to get some full synthetic, and all Advance had was Coastal. When I read the back of the bottle, it said not for use in Limited-Slip axles.

Back