• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

woody

2offroad

NAXJA Forum User
let me know if you want to go to uwarrie this weekend "if you get your axles". if not i going to ride with georgia mike.

It is 'iffy' on 4-wheeling this weekend

I installed the 44 and rear springs today...started at 8 and finished at 8 :rolleyes: if it can go wrong it did, ran out of oxygen for the bluewrench, broke 2 sawzall blades, then rung off an axle
U bolt with adrenaline on the pullbar and no pipe on it :viking: cut a pretty ungraceful backflip over that LMAO ouch!

right at the end, stripped a bleeder screw so ran off for new wheel cyls & gettin-dark brakejob....Grrr But at least I got brakes, and drove it home from work.

I am not sure if I want to tackle the front axle swap tommorow or Friday...I feel whupped like I sparred a few rounds with Chuck Norris. Maybe dawn will bring a happier Woody (if I even can get out of bed.)

Best off to not plan on me this weekend...I maybe trading this SOB off on a nice Liberty.

woody said:
I maybe trading this SOB off on a nice Liberty.

never have i heard such blasphomy in my life. childern may read this and think that a Liberty is a real Jeep. :nono:

Georiga Mike can't make his ride, so i'll go to jail sat. they want me to work anyway.
just post on the thread in southeast/uwarrie next time.

i know but IFS. but it has round headlights and Jeep "eningering" i can't spell. most said unibody thats not a Jeep coil springs thats not a Jeep. but the Liberty killed the XJ.

Georgia Mike, saw your post on CheapXJ about the cat very funny. i have a 65 IH truck with L6 now has a bad head gasket, thinking about 528ci Hemi to replace it.

the hemi will fit in the IH easy. it's 2wd and primered looks bad the best kind of sleeper!

LOL no wheeling this weekend :bawl: I just noticed my snazzy new high-clearance shock mounts allow about an inch of up-travel before my high travel shox bottom out.

Grrr...looking forward to torching holes in the floor, once I get more ammo for the blue wrench.

If I keep up, this XJ's gonna be a REAL shitbox. It's really lucky I like it or I'd just park it on some railroad tracks, walk back into the treline, open up a cold beer and wait :)

I'll reserve judgement on the KJ until I see one get up Daniel trail in Uwharrie when it's wet.

"Wait till next year when they come out with the diesel.
Talk about torque."

Bwahahahaha

I'll hold out for the 5 Star Dealer Installed Optional Gale Banks Turbo Kit, and the Up-Country suspension (hopefully with skid-plate and limited slip differential extra $$$$ group) then I'll test drive one...up Daniel :viking: If there's a God, the salesman will be there with me...crapping in his Dockers.

I didn't tell y'all about getting run off from Mc Brayer Jeep/Dodge last week did I? LMAO Me and the woggly XJ showed up in the midst of their '5 Star Banquet' looking for UCA axle bushings. Instead of cordially invinting the President of NAXJA in for a snack, they hustled me out of there like I had SARS...locked the door after they ran me off :dunno: No Kidding... they did!

The next day when I went to pick up my 2 bushings @ $61.75 :shocked: I went into the showroom shopping for a Rubicon (brochure) and had a salesman masturbating...until he saw my trade-in XJ! LMAO...two 12.5" MT black streaks left out of 5 Star Mc Brayer Jeep/ Dodge. I don't need a Hot-Shok laid upon my arse to know where I and my kind are not wanted.

Tis OK, since besides this Jeep diversion...my Heart Pumps Chevrolet Orange.

Go #8!!!!

In fairness, I'll add that Andy's Dodge Dealership - Gwinnett Place Dodge, is a first-class act. They put a lot on the line for that show, and I hope they felt we did them right in our efforts. I wish all the rest of the dealerships out there were that enlightened and willing to support the motoring-enthusiast community (no matter what the brand or style of buildup)

I think SE NAXJA did real fair in the awards too. (tho I think GA Mike's Money Pit is bunches uglier that my Beautiful Beater...he got robbed of a trophy.) A 2x4 Ram on 20" spoke wheels won best Pickup...this black kid from Ft Rucker drove a long way and spent all day shinin his dubs & such for his shot at a trophy. His ride was SPOTLESS! That ought to dispell all notions that the Judges (Bama and Woody) were Biased towards anything.

They even let me be Mayor of Truckville in a Hemi 4x4 for a short spree, and I could have become friends with the dually Cummins I drove out of the way in the morning before the show. They didn't turn me loose in the Thunder Road edition...but I can't blame them...I might not have come back.

That and the fact that they let us work on the Giveaway XJ in the service bay after hours...That, folks is a 5 STAR DEALER.

thanks woody, my dealership was proud to have NAXJA there and plans are in the works for next year, as we've been invited back. the g.m. is talkin about getting a nascar driver there (we are after all a HENDRICK team member). and with a little better planning and more time to do so it'll be bigger and better.

i'm not stirring anything i just have funny opinions. like where did the water go after the great flood of noah:worship: ?and things like that. i'm not afraid of progression or change (as long as fox doesn't cancel the SIMPSONS :doh: ) i will always look forward to new models of vehicle whether it be ifs,irs or both on the next wrangler or grand'. thats what the customer wants we just need to make it better than anyone else to stay an offroad powerhouse. even land rover is going that way and the liberty is better than the freelander in my test drive opinion. i'll stop rambling now(i hope this makes sense it looks good to me but i've been drinkin')

Last edited:
Hendrick Hummer in Cary NC is also an off-road enthusiast-friendly dealer. They and CnC 4x4 club put on a heck of a good show last march...

Both HH and CnC are hosting a 'recovery day' in June. 85% of the Hummers they sell are fitted with winches and probably 98% of hose owners would kill or disfigure someone with their winches w/o training. Thus a 'school-day' and I'm gonna be there with the winchless XJ just for fun :viking:

I am not afraid of change...I just sometimes think that the more the wheel gets reinvented, the more untrue it spins.

Mahindra (Indian Ag-tractor Co) bought tooling & rights and builds a repro CJ3B. It can't be imported here as a road-legal vehicle due to DOT safety & EPA emissions rules :mad: They can sell copies of old-school International tractors though :dunno:

Also Bejing Jeep has the XJ tooling & rights...I bet DC imposed a noncompete clause where we never see a high-roof Chinese XJ on the US market.

I dunno where they poll the 'customers' and I am surely not one since the last new vehicles I bought were both two wheeled: an '85 KTM 350 and a '87 Sportster 1100. Both KTM and Harley Davidson are well grounded in giving the customer a premium product (at a premium price) wher ya just tune it to suit your style and ride it away very happy. I 'wish' Jeep would have followed that example...the Rubicon is one rarity, but if the 4-coil solid-axle TJ goes the way of the mastodon and the whole lineup goes IFS/IRS well :dunno: hope the new owners like them, but I won't.

I don't need smooth as vanilla minivan technology on my wheelin rig...maybe others do? :puke: I sure hope I never grow that old.

Again, two thumbs up for Gwinnet Place Dodge in Duluth GA and Hendrick Hummer in Cary NC for being 'real' with the un-common folks.

1/3 thumbs up for Jimmy Johnson in the million dollar Lowes #48 car. He's just lucky the #8 Bud car and the #9 Dodge car both got wadded up. See ya next weekend Jimmy...600 miles is a long way to go.

this thread went off topic. the simpon's rule! i was in jail weekend anyway, so when are anybody going wheeling in uwarrie or BK? let me know, i will be in jail sat nite 5-24, day 6-7 any other time OK. change is ok if it for the better not for the sake of change.

woody said:
I'll reserve judgement on the KJ until I see one get up Daniel trail in Uwharrie when it's wet.
Should have been at Uwharrie a few weekends ago, A customer of ours took his Liberty up Daniel and then over to Rocky mountain loop and over Kodak rock. Course it was after we put a HP44 up front and a 9" in the rear and 35's......

Back