• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overhead Console Wiring

ZombiE

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

I bought a 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee overhead console and want to install it. I have several questions, I hope that someone else has already been down this path.

1. In my FSM, I have a 95 Cherokee Sport(XJ), in the wiring section I looked up the overhead console to find out what the connector looked like. They look the same on the console I bought and what is shown in the FSM, but would like to know if the pin-out is the same.

Here is what is listed in the XJ FSM,

1 -----
2 Ground
3 -----
4 Ground
5 Fused B+
6 Fused B+
7 Fused ignition switch output
8 Courtesy lamp switch output
9 Ambient air temp sensor signal
10 Sensor ground
11 -----
12 Park lamp switch output
13 Panel lamps driver

I just want to make sure that what I am wiring up to the overhead console is correct, as I am not wanting to fry anything. Anyone have access to a 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee FSM?

2. I am hoping that they used the same console for several years 93-96? Between the Grands and the XJ's. I "test" fitted it and it lines up with the contour of the headliner perfect, so that a good sign, right?

Alex

Sounds like a cool project; I have a '95 sport, too. What all does the overhead console offer?

Hey all, just wanted to let you know that the console does line up with the headliner pretty well. I haven't made any cuts yet, just placed it up there and it even lined up with the small "hump" in the headliner. So the real thing I'm looking for are the connections for the connector on the GC side. All I need really are the gounds, the power in, and the temp sensor. I'm pretty sure they are the same. THis console is from a GC and does not have the CCD bus like the newer Jeeps have, hence it's 94 year. The connector on the GC and the Jeep XJ are identical. The functions are the same as on the XJ's of that year, Temp/Compass and the map lights/overhead lights. Pretty basic. Just want to know about the wiring info......

Thanks,

Alex

Back