• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE INSTALL . NEed some Help quick!

Silverstreak01

NAXJA Forum User
i have a an 01 with a np231 in of an i have been installing a SYE and tom woods shaft.. i have takein the front shaft off. removed the rear shaft. speedo housing, the rubber boot, the snap ring, and all the bolts around the bell housing .. i tried to slide the housing off it coming out about 2 inches and stops will not budge whats so ever. WHY? am i forgeting something? i got frustrated with it so i left it on im wondering if i unbolt the tcase take the back half off. will it come off enought that i will be able to get that mainshaft out?

THANKS

doesnt the tranny/t-case mount (on the x-member) hold on to the front and rear of the t-case?

ive also heard that pulling the whole t-case and working on a bench is the best way to go, more room to work/see

There's only one bellhousing....the trans to the motor....so right off it's confusing what you are trying to say. Are you saying you're trying to remove the t-case from the trans?

The crossmember needs to be removed, and the tranny mount with the exhaust hanger, and the linkage. Did you forget the linkage?

cancel it. ionly took off one of the snap rings i had to punch that gasket out and found another one. and to do this you dont have to remove the tcase. i just worked on it for about an hour and got everything off and the old shaft and chain and back half of the tcase off. thanks anyway but i think im ok from here

Back