• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ss rear brakeline question

clay

NAXJA Forum User
For those who have installed the RE SS rear brakeline were you able to get it to fit snuggly back into the bracket? I tried reusing the retaining clip but it doesn't look very firm. Mine is in the whole but just sort of hanging there and can easily move. I fear that this will eventually damage the fitting (if I haven't damaged it already). Also, the linkage between the new line and the old hard line on the body is slowly leaking. How tight did you guys wrench these thing together. I'm afraid that I either made it too firm (and thus damaged the end of the hard line) or too loose and therefore it is leaking. RE doesn't have directions for this (it is probably so simple that the figured anyone could do it--well, anyone but me :anon: ).

Any help would be appreciated.

Clay

dono, but need this questioned answered as well, thus a btt

sorry this won't be of much help but I have the RE line. I couldn't break the fittings loose on the stock line without strippage so I took it to a shop. It cost $30 to have them install it and then bleed the brakes. It's the only modification I needed help with so far but since it was something as important as my brakes I thought it made sense to have a pro do it.

Back