• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For the 'Burb Bombers

I heard that on the news this morning. 40 years ago the outer most regions of LA County and North OC were considered suburbs at the time. People drove into LA for work ... smog was bad, etc. etc.

Nothing has changed IMO ... except the popluation and cost of living.

People are being forced to move out into those areas because a "decent" condo costs $300K-$600K ... and single family homes start at $500K.

And Greenspan says inflation is in check ... BS.

I work in North OC ... takes me 10 minutes to get in the office---no freeways, no road rage, very little stress. The actual stress begins when I get to work.

OTOH, I have relatives that commuted from Fontana/Riverside area to Westwood and Rosemead ... everyday for over 15 years. They have health problems as described in the report ... but I don't know if it's due to the commute, work hours, job stress, boss stress, domestic stress, financial stress, genetics, poor diet, lack of exercise ... or all the above.

I'm sure the "obesity in america" study follows the same trends.

Back