• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel pressure

1989laredoxj

NAXJA Forum User
When I went to change my fuel filter and pump, I assumed that no gas was going to fly out everyone told me it would but it didnt. It came out no pressure at all. What do I do, This is with the new pump but I switched them and the old one did the same thing.

hmm, well i was going to say that some Jeeps (the fuel injected kind i think) dont ever have pressure unless the power is on. But since you said that the power WAS on, then i suggest you check to see if the fuse that goes to the fuel pump. I think it is in the fuse box next to the battery.
Are you getting any fuel at all? Or do you just have no pressure?
It could also be that the fuel line is pinched off somewhere, maybe when you re-installed the fuel pump it got pinched somehow.

Where are you checking for pressure? Is the fuel pump running, you can usually hear it.?

What are you trying to do?

If it runs right then ??????

If you didn't get sprayed with gas changing it, isn't that a nice thing?

You should never leave you key on while working on the fuel system. You might start a fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there is something else maybe ask it again differently.

hinkley

I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but you may just be expecting more effect from the pressure than you should. At normal pressure and volume, if you turn the pump on it will just run out the line. There will be little or no appearance of pressure because the bore of the line is large enough for the volume. If the pump is audibly running and fuel is coming out the line, you're probably fine. The way to measure the pressure properly is to put the system together and measure the pressure at the fuel rail.

Since your post is as clear as diarreah in toilet water, hook everything back up and test the fawkin fuel pressure at the schrader valve on the fuel rail. Let us know what you have there.

sorry just getting back to the post..
what happened is ebverything was hooked up I had the car in the on position....gas came out but not a lot and not as a mist spray it had maybe 1 to 2 drops leak out. I hooked it up went to turn the car over barely did it. once the car was running gave it gas let off the gas and it would stall out..gave up on it and its gone.

Maybe the relay is gone? You should hear the pump run for a few seconds when you turn the key to the on position. If not, sounds like the relay is bad. Its under the hood above the coil if i remember right. Switch one of the other relays that are there, i think there is only one of the same, and see if that works. Its like $10 or less for the relay.

Cory

Back