• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which XJ parts will fit a 91 MJ?

muran05

NAXJA Forum User
The time has come to start rebuilding my '91 Comanche Eliminator 4x4. The truck is my daily driver, with some light off-road use and sometimes carries a load of mulch or logs.

I'm looking for any information on sourcing 'new' parts. Particularly which XJ's use the same doors - especially doors with power windows and mirrors. From casual inspection in parking lots I think that a same year 4-door XJ should be a suitable donor.
Other areas of interest include steering/suspension/brakes - I'm starting to feel some slop, and the front bumper - do XJ tow/recovery hooks fit?

Has anyone out there ever converted the parking brake on an MJ from the foot activated version on the MJ to the center lever from an XJ?

Thanks,

AJ

The MJ from the doors forward is exactly the same as a 4-door XJ. All XJ front doors will fit. However, somewhere in the early to mid-90s they changed the latch from the single post on the door frame to a U-latch. I assume that if you get doors from a year that had that, you can swap over the latch mechanism to convert the doors to match your latching system but I have not confirmed that.

Tow hook kits are exactly the same, as are fenders, bumpers, flares, hood, etc.

If you need rocker panels, lower door skins, or quarter panels, J.C. Whitney has 'em. They also have floor panels to repair the bed.

Back