• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Star Wars Trilogy....

Gil BullyKatz

NAXJA Forum User
Ok...So I'm in my late 30's and just bought the dvd set...

I had forgotten about Carrie Fisher in the slave girl outfit with the chain around her neck... yup... many a teen fantasy there

That would definately be a no-no in todays PC society...

just an observation

star wars is the s h i t

Ya know, I could always make it worse by starting a Star Wars vs Star Trek thread......

:twak:

SciFi Geeks Unite!!!

I am mid 30s and have made two new SW fans. My 3 & 5 years can't get enough of it. Some of the stuff is not a appropriate, but the cool thing about this series is lack of cursing. I am the worst and trying to find something this good that the whole family can watch is tough these days. I was happy to see the DVD set out since my VHS set was on it's last leg.

Now all we really need is the 3rd movie released.

You guys like the new scenes? My wife prefers the movies without them.

new scenes? or are you talking about the special editions ones that were released a while back.

Ramsey said:
new scenes? or are you talking about the special editions ones that were released a while back.

Not sure about those. The kids and I have been watching a VHS version from the early 90s.

For example: the new "party" city scenes added to end of Return of the Jedi. The addition to the sand pit creature toward the beginning of Return of the Jedi. After watching The New Hope there are a ton of new scenes during the final death star battle. When they are about to leave the base to head out and blow up the battle star he never met up with Biggs before.

Are those enhancements added before the DVD set?

After re-reading my post...I realize now that I'm a frick'in Geek

around 97 or so they released a "special edition" with the new scenes, havent watched the dvd's yet, but i would imagine it is the same. like the scene with jabba and han in the beginning of new hope where there talking to each other about his debt. yeah...i think we just lost a few cool points.

JohnJohn said:
When they are about to leave the base to head out and blow up the battle star he never met up with Biggs before.
Battlestar?!?! Wrong space epics, bubba! :wierd: Oh crap..I think I've 'geeked' myself too...

When star wars first came out I knew nothing about it, had not seen the TV and news adverts or anything, I'd been on a 3 month patrol [fleet ballistic missile submarine] and had gotten back in to Ct the day before it opened and back home to NJ late that nite. I was down getting a new pair of sneakers at the mall in paramus and saw the line at the Rt4 '80mm big screen' theatre and pulled over to check it out. Ended up standing in line for 3 hours but it was worth it. The only thing that had ever come close was 2001 a space oddesy when I saw that in a cinerama surround screen summer ~69. When I left the line had grown to around the building and they were showing it 24 hours a day for the first week, it was nuts :eek: .... no way would I ever stand in line like that now... :scottm:

Now that I think back on it the funniest aspect was the number of small children in the theatre, I almost left because those rug rats were so noisy. Then the movie started and there was not a single sound out of the peanut gallery after that opening scene with the star destroyer chasing that other ship till the movie ended...

Well, now that the DVD's are released, there's only one thing that the true Star Wars fan is missing.....

A Girlfriend!

88woody said:
Well, now that the DVD's are released, there's only one thing that the true Star Wars fan is missing.....

A Girlfriend!

True... I keep asking for one but my wife won't let me have one anymore :dunno:

Official Star Wars geek here and damn proud. Saw the first one on the family station wagon at the drive in in 77. Good times.
Got my midnight tix already ordered for SWIII-RotS.I'm reading the book and already read the graphic novel from Dark Horse.

As for the DVD's, finally caught up and watched the Return of the Jedi. Kinda neat seeing Anakin(Hayden version).

IndyXJ said:
Official Star Wars geek here and damn proud. Saw the first one on the family station wagon at the drive in in 77. Good times.
Got my midnight tix already ordered for SWIII-RotS.I'm reading the book and already read the graphic novel from Dark Horse.

As for the DVD's, finally caught up and watched the Return of the Jedi. Kinda neat seeing Anakin(Hayden version).
A long time ago, in a forum far away
an old post got resurected
:D

JohnJohn said:
Some of the stuff is not appropriate...

I wouldn't worry about that...we watched those movies as kids and we turned out alright. :wierd:

...now if I can just keep my 4 year old from beating the crap out of the dog with his lightsaber...

prb24 said:
...now if I can just keep my 4 year old from beating the crap out of the dog with his lightsaber...

Why prevent it?

Padawans require training...

48.jpg

Back