• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What model had 28mm swaybar?

dmillion

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to go to a 28mm swaybar on my XJ, and I'd like to be able to get one at a junkyard. So, does anyone know what models and/or years came with a 28mm swaybar?

Thanks!

I believe it was the early Wagoneers, but I'm not sure if that included the V6 years or only the 1987 thru 1990 models.

My 1989 Limited/4.0/4 dr. has a 28MM sway bar. I may be wrong, but I think they vary a lot. I would suggest taking a caliper along, and checking, just to be sure.

My '92 Laredo also has a 28mm front swaybar. It may be a feature of XJ's equipped with the UpCountry package like mine (except mine's an oddball because it also has a rear swaybar).

I've always wondered about the 28mm sway bar myself.
I need to buy sway bar bushings for my 97 XJ and the bushing scome in 3 sizes; 28mm, 25mm and I forgot the diameter of the small one (23?).
I put a micrometer on my sway bar and it reads 26.5mm the entire distance.

So which bushing do I purchase??

26.5? That's a new one on me. The swaybar on my '01 Sport is 26mm. I'd go with the 25mm bushings if I were you. Better that they be a little too small than too big.

my 91 limited has one, no tow package.

Back