• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

soft clutch pedal

METAL MONKEY

NAXJA Forum User
I know I should have asked about this when I did it, but it didn't seem to be anything major then. Anyways, a couple of months ago I did a small creek crossing. The depth of it caught me off guard, and I slipped the clutch a little more than I should have. Ever since then the clutch pedal feel has felt soft. The clutch seems to fully engage later, and the pedal has slowly developed more play. I can pull it up about about a 1/2" or so and then it just falls back down. I have taken it to my mechanic to have it looked at, and he said he didn't seem to think anything was wrong with the master or slave cylinder. The only thing he mentioned was maybe my pressure plate was getting soft. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks

If you're not losing clutch fluid through any leaks, I'd say there's a fair chance that the slave cylinder's taken a poop. Either way, a "soft" pedal indicates that you've lost hydraulic pressure in the line.

Back