• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

starting a new one

JJacobs

NAXJA Forum User
I'm now the proud (?) owner of Led's old short bus. The roof came off tonight, the body will be chopped behind the front seats soon. Plans are for 4.0/ TF727/ Dana 300, Dodge 60 front, 14 bolt rear, 37" Krawlers. Light and low. I'm hoping for a debut by EJS 05.

Can't seem to keep away from xj's for some reason? :confused:

dude you cut the roof already??? you aint even paid for it yet :rattle:
Led

Led you need to edit your sig. R.I.P., not yet.

I just finished cutting it in half. Jeep's body sealer is nasty stuff when ignited, I think that cut a few years off the ol' lifespan. Useful info: although fuel lines may not be attached to a fuel tank, they will still provide lots of fiery entertainment when a torch or plaz provides ignition.

Progress continues- Led, before you get all bent out of shape I'll send you some money next week. (note- "some" :))

No pics as of yet. The XJ was de-roofed then cut in half. I took advantage of the rocker skids and plated frame rails and added a 2x4 1/8 wall tube from side to side welded to the skids and rails. The rocker boxes will be capped in the next few days and tied to the lateral rectangle tube. It was cut, capped, and reinforced to allow the driveshaft to pass through the area.

Tube comes tomorrow and the fun begins. It shouldn't take more than a couple of days before it's ready for drivetrain but that step will take a while to pay for.

Still working out plans for drivetrain and rolling stock. PM if you have 23 spline AW4, Dana 300, large 8 lug wheel/ tire combo for sale. And in the stock xj parts department, I also need a radiator, mechanical fan, shroud, fuel tank, 87-90 intake tube, brake booster and master cylinder, core support, brake pedal. "Complete underhood" my ass! :D

Jon - Talk to Tiffster about parts, she's trying to get rid of that dead '91 in her garage.

Back