• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 part wiring/dash question

DaveD912

NAXJA Forum User
1. Does the middle section of the dash just pry off? I've seen posts for the earlier XJs, but can't find any about the 97+ (I have an '01 Sport).

2. I have both a cig. lighter and a power outlet. Do they both come on with the ignition or does the power outlet stay 'hot' all the time?

Thank you :)

1. The trim ring pry's off, the dash itself is held in by screws behind the "trim ring"

2. Try it. Plug in something and turn off the car. pull the keys, If it's still on, it's constant...

Most likely it is.

I'd try it I had something - maybe I should just go get one of those handheld spot lights that plug into the cig. lighter. Wouldn't hurt to have one of those laying around.

DaveD912 said:
I'd try it I had something - maybe I should just go get one of those handheld spot lights that plug into the cig. lighter. Wouldn't hurt to have one of those laying around.
cig ignition controlled, outlet always on

Back