• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fort Knox Invite

GI-John

NAXJA Forum User
For those that are interested, if you ever want a tour of Ft Knox, just let me know... I'm the Operations NCO for Range Division so we can get pretty up close and personal with the various weapons systems....and for the really brave, you can volunteer to be the opposing force for our Urban Warfare site.

Unfortunately there is no wheeling to be done (legally or safely) on Ft. Knox

contact me via PM if interested

John

Last edited:
Beezil said:
I'll bet the rest of the guys there call you "Vicky"

You must be making your own inside jokes again BJ :gee:

I'd give you the tour, but the gate guards have drug/explosives dogs and you probably wouldn't make it past the gates.

And Chris, the invite has been out to you since Winterfest...

Edit: BJ...I'm volunteering you to be opfor for the Urban site...you'll have to wear a turban, a sheet, and you'll get to oppose either a Seal Team, Delta, Rangers, or Force Recon.

We use real weapons with Simunitions.

9mmInside.gif

Last edited:
GI-John said:
BJ...I'm volunteering you to be opfor for the Urban site...

9mmInside.gif

Hey, how did I get dragged into this? Actually, I think it would be cool to be opfor for the guys. How many fps do the simunitions move at?

Tom,
The simunitions travel between 390-460fps

They sting like a mofo (which leads to troops seeking and using cover instead of John Wayne-ing it)

The Zussman Urban Combat Training Center at Fort Knox continues to be the first choice for urban operations training of so many of our nation's finest warriors. For the next training iterations at Zussman, the unit with us has requested support with role players in order to provide the ultimate in reality-based urban training! This is a repeat customer to Zussman that has worked with our role players in the past and is looking forward to more of this realistic training with as many role player volunteers as we can muster for some of the events. Some of the training events during this period will involve joint operations between several different types of units and could be a great experience for all participants.
The dates and times for the training requiring role player support are as follows:
Monday, 20 September : 1630-2400
Tuesday, 21 September : 1630-2400
Wednesday, 22 September : 1630-2400
Thursday, 23 September : 1630-2400
Volunteers are not limited to only military, government civilians, or dependants, so spread the word in the community! This will be a fantastic chance for you to play a vital role in helping to train a first class unit for real world urban operations, show some patriotism, do your part for "the cause", and have some fun!
Role player volunteers will need to report to the site each of the designated days for briefings, paperwork requirements, and issue of safety gear, costuming, props, etc. Once determined, exact report times will be provided to those on the volunteer list. Uniform for volunteers is civilian clothes; long pants and shirts, sturdy shoes w/ socks (no open-back or open-toed shoes), and hats "are a good thing." Consider the time of year and the weather and dress accordingly. Layers are always recommended for the weather variations. Minimize the wear of jewelry. It is recommended that you not carry a wallet (lock it up in your car). No personal weapons of any kind or any photographic/video equipment is allowed.
Please feel free to bring backpacks or tote bags with snacks, drinks, etc. if you would like. For these events, role players may be given different roles to be played (town militia/guerrillas, protestors/rioters, injured personnel, personnel seeking evacuation, party/celebration participants, shopkeepers, taxi driver, etc, or just curious onlookers).
The minimum age for participation in these events is 16. Each role player volunteer will be required to sign a liability waiver, and possibly a non-disclosure statement in order to participate. Parent/guardian will have to sign the liability waiver for any participating minors (under 18). In addition, proof of U.S. citizenship is now required for all volunteers. FIRST TIME volunteers please bring proof of citizenship in the form of a U.S. Military ID, Social Security card, U.S. Passport, or birth certificate.
Interested personnel should contact Ms. Leigh Ann Harwell at the Zussman Urban Combat Training Center (e-mail [email protected] or by phone at (502) 624-6194. E-mail is preferred. A volunteer roster will be kept and each role-player will be notified via e-mail of any changes or additional pertinent information

Back