• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

9-incher swap

Cajun Jeepr

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking about swapping in a ford 9-inch rear into my 89 XJ.

Has anyone done this that can tell me how much mods i'll have to make and how much they liked it after it was done?

500 results for " 9" swap" under "search this forum"....try that first

been done... older broncos with big bearings IIRC

ok ... so I tried "9" swap" in the search... since 9" is too common the only thing used was swap... maybe he was hoping that someone could narrow it down a bit...replies like yours is why I don't bother becoming a member...

MC-92 said:
ok ... so I tried "9" swap" in the search... since 9" is too common the only thing used was swap... maybe he was hoping that someone could narrow it down a bit...replies like yours is why I don't bother becoming a member...

See, here's the thing...
Depending on what size tires, gears, intended use, budget and such, there are toooo many answers for him. HIS BEST solution would be for him to do the research and decide what would work best for HIM.
Spoon feeding someone and listening to whiney wankers who need their asses wiped is not why I am a member.
"maybe he was hoping that someone could narrow it down a bit" and I did just that by telling to look for an older Bronco and what to search for...

Maybe I shoulda just kept leeching valuable reference material and bitch about manners instead of giving back to an organization that's been a great source of XJ tech.... :rolleyes:

Piss off...save your money and good luck with that 'tude

Last edited:
MC-92 said:
Billiant, F***stick.
Let's see, I'll ask for help on a site I don't support, then be a Jackass to a paying member who offers advice.
We'll do our best to survive without you.

Back