• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear axle free play

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
I was doing a tire rotation yesterday and noticed that the right side axle shaft had a tiny amount of free play. I can pull it out -maybe 1/8", at most- and push it back in. Is this normal for a d30 cclip axle?
tia

My 8.25 had a lot of end play in the axles,I replaced the c-clips and shim under the side gears didn,t do much to help.
My guess is that it is normal.For a D35 c-clip.D30 is your front axle, and not c-clip.
Wayne

asatxj said:
I was doing a tire rotation yesterday and noticed that the right side axle shaft had a tiny amount of free play. I can pull it out -maybe 1/8", at most- and push it back in. Is this normal for a d30 cclip axle?
tia

Yes.

mark

Thought so but decided to ask. I'm always doing the d30-d35 confusion. I store too much data up there to keep it all straight. I do manage to remember the wife's name at critical times though! :roll:

Back