• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CSF radiator filler neck out of round...how to fix??

Fergie

NAXJA Forum User
I just got done replacing my burnt up stock rad with a CSF, and also installing a trans cooler. Everything went pretty much flawless, but now I have a huge problem.

The pressure cap wont seal properly because the fill neck is out of round. It is sort of oblong on one side, and the rim where it would seal is lower than the rest of the neck. I know that I did not dent it or crush it in any way, so I am guessing that it is just an odd factory defect.

My question is: How the heck do I solve this problem? Is there a way to get it back in round, or do I need to scrap the rad and have it replaced under warranty?

Thanks for the help.

Fergie

Do you happen to have any plate metal lying around? When doing plumbing, to get a metal pipe into round you take a piece of metal that has a right angle on it, and stick the right angled part into the pipe as far as it will go against the pipe then turn it around and it will round out the tube. If you have a suitable piece of metal you could probably do this...

i'll draw you a little picture.

V <-piece of metal
I I
I I <-tube
I I

turn piece of metal until tube is round.

I´ve got a couple of exhaust pipe expanders, one is I think 1 1/4-2 1/4 and the other 2 1/4 - 3. Weren´t very expensive. I´ve used them often, just to get an exhaust pipe round again.

Back