• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine swap (removal) question

i'm going to start working on installing my stroker this weekend and have one really dumb question that I couldn't find an answer for after searching...

when removing the old engine, where is the best place to attach the engine hoist's chains? it loos like one could bolt the chain to the head studs, which would give the best balance.

when i brought home the old motor that became the stroker, we hooked an old tow strap to the motor mount bolts to lift it on to the stand, but that doesn't look like it's possible when removing the engine from the engine bay. or maybe it is?

would the best technique be to support the engine from underneath with a jack, remove the motor mounts, then attach the hoist to the motor mount brackets?

I'd remove the manifolds(much easier to manuver the engine around w/out them) and attach to the rear of the motor there and to a hole on the right front that the a/c bracket would be to. That gives you good balance and you can fine tune it by where you would put the hook on the hoist.

Back