• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dual Steering Stabilizers

you have a bigger problem than just a blown shock. tuned steering doen't need a stabilizer, so you must have some problem that causes the shock to work too much.

i agree with dennisuello. something must be wrong with your steering setup. i have had my doetch tech stabilizer on for over a year with no signs of wear. there is an added stress on the stabilizer that shouldn't be there, which is causing it to blow.

Etan Miller

I hear if you chrome them, and have neon pink shock boots it adds 10 hp :jester:

All kiding aside, by adding another stabilizer you are just masking a problem. The best thing to do would be taking the time to figure out what is wrong, and then do something that will fix the problem. But if its just a mall crawler, then make sure and get the chromed ones.

Codeman said:
Ok (sorry to steal the post, but I have the same questions)

So what could possibly be wrong? I only have a 3" lift and 31's.

Worn steering parts
Out of balance tires
Out of round wheels
Alignment out of spec
Worn upper control arms
Worn lower control arms

Starting to see a pattern?? Pull the stabilizer off and drive it, feel any problems? Now fix those problems.

Rev

Back