• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

..transfer case linkage options,..

bxj

NAXJA Forum User
..have lost or removed all stock fittings/ braces that is used to mount the transfer case linkage on the transmission tunnel-I am now needing some alternative way to install my transfer case linkage independent of haveing to use the transmission tunnel-Does anybody here at the NAXJA forum remember or have any link to that aftermarket vendor that sells those "stand-alone" transfer case linkage replacements-
TIA

bxj said:
..have lost or removed all stock fittings/ braces that is used to mount the transfer case linkage on the transmission tunnel-I am now needing some alternative way to install my transfer case linkage independent of haveing to use the transmission tunnel-Does anybody here at the NAXJA forum remember or have any link to that aftermarket vendor that sells those "stand-alone" transfer case linkage replacements-
TIA
why did you remove them? what tranny and tcase? It'd probably be easiest to get some from the boneyard.

....had done some modifications and after the latest engine swap,transfer case rebuild,..long story short, the old stock transfer case linkage setup is no more-Again, if anybody here can point me to that vendor's link who has that aftermarket "stand alone" transfer case linkage setup will be greatly appreciated.
bxj

LT1XJ said:
Advance Adapters sells some, but most is similar to stock. That is about the only other option that I know of.
Dustin
I Know AA sells a cable linkage kit for an atlas, but not sure if they do for anything else.

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
look into a setup that skyjacker sells. Jeff

Jeff, what is it that they sell, and for what application? I'm also thinking about changing my stock t-case linkage for something with a much more positive action. Even though I changed the grommets in my linkage last year, it is so sloppy that I couldn't get it into 2 low for the entire Fordyce/Rubicon trip.

CRASH made a different setup on his new rig. He welded a shift tab onto the top of the lever on the t-case, then ran a rod directly from the shift lever to the t-case, using small heims on the two joints, eliminating the bell crank. It worked well and was very positive. I probably need to figure something out like that.

Back