• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Land of Lincoln planning thread

Lawn Cher'

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to get a head count of those NAXJA people planning on attending the Land of Lincoln off road event held between the Cliffs & Rockport over Labor Day weekend. We should decide on a campground in Marseilles for Friday and Saturday night if poeple are interested. I found the following on yahoo: Illini State Park, Troll Hollow Campground, & Whispering Pine Campground. Anyone know anything about the area or have a preference or recommendation?

Lawn Cher' said:
I'd like to get a head count of those NAXJA people planning on attending the Land of Lincoln off road event held between the Cliffs & Rockport over Labor Day weekend. We should decide on a campground in Marseilles for Friday and Saturday night if poeple are interested. I found the following on yahoo: Illini State Park, Troll Hollow Campground, & Whispering Pine Campground. Anyone know anything about the area or have a preference or recommendation?

The story running around is that Wispering Pine's owner's are ANTI-OFF ROAD park. Troll Hollow DOESN'T allow unwashed tent camping heathens, and Starved Rock State park, has a no alcohol policy.

I will be attending the whole thing. The info I gathered myself; The private camp grounds have a 2 day and 3 day minimum (sp). Illini State Park has some first come first serve sites available. (No number of days min.) I will be staying there Fri & Sat.

Just a side not - Most of the locals (business 7 residents) are anti-Cliffs. I work witha guy that lives in the area. He says many don't care about the revenue it will bring to the area, They don't want us dirty, loud, earth destroying scum in their backyard.

It doesn't look like many from here are going. Last I heard, it looked like only 30 - 50 total registered.

A friend of mine and our families are all going. We are both pretty much newbies. He is running a bone stock TJ, brand new. He is starting to get a little nervous. He has been hearing more body damage stories then not.

Hope to see some of you guys there,
Bob

jeeptime1 said:
A friend of mine and our families are all going. We are both pretty much newbies. He is running a bone stock TJ, brand new. He is starting to get a little nervous. He has been hearing more body damage stories then not.

Hope to see some of you guys there,
Bob

There's a good chance I may be leading you guys, if you have stockers, or near stockers.

It has stayed fairly dry, so we shouldn't have a real tough time, as long as we stay off the black rated trails.

BTW- this is what my rig looks like, but don't worry, Most of the body damage isn't from the park. (Well, yeah the rocker panel is, but that is another story from cutting a trail we won't be going down)
IM000800.jpg

Back