• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New DPG gas tank skid installed (pics!)

SyCo

NAXJA Forum User
I am extremely impressed with the quality of this product! This is one of the only installs where everything bolted up perfectly, no grinding, drilling, or enlarging any holes. Took me and a friend no more than an hour to install. Check it out.

gastankcenter01.JPG

gastankleft01.JPG

gastankright01.JPG

What does it bolt to?

DrPepper said:
why does his site say only 97 and up?

Because I haven't finished designing the 96 and down yet. :D

kid4lyf said:
What does it bolt to?

Factory nut strips in the frame rail. If your rig didn't come with a factory hitch, then only the passenger side nut strip is present, but the skid comes with a driver side nut strip included. I got mine at a dealer a few months back when I installed the hitch, stupid thing was like $20! Smart move by including it with the skid.

Starboard M said:
The skid look really close to the axle. How close is it?
How thick is the steal?

It is made of 3/16" Grade 50 steel. I don't use mild steel. The front of the skid doesn't extend further forward than the stock skid, so the axle isn't a problem.

Wait, so is this the GottaBeJeep gas tank skid or the DPG skid??

GottaBeJeep said:
Because I haven't finished designing the 96 and down yet. :D

Hey Dirk!

Two questions for you:
Do you have an estimate as to when the pre-97 version will be ready to roll out?
Does your mounting system allow the skid to peacefully coexist with an aftermarket bumper that ties into the "framerails" via those nutstrips? I'm guessing by the pic showing that aftermarker hitch that this won't be a problem - right?

Thanx
Jeff

What Rd (f.k.a. ArmStrong) said:
Hey Dirk!

Two questions for you:
Do you have an estimate as to when the pre-97 version will be ready to roll out?
Does your mounting system allow the skid to peacefully coexist with an aftermarket bumper that ties into the "framerails" via those nutstrips? I'm guessing by the pic showing that aftermarker hitch that this won't be a problem - right?

Thanx
Jeff

This isn't Dirk.:D The 97+ skid has worked fine with the BPI bumper and all hitches so far. The pre 97 is a little more tricky due to the width of the tank making it a little more difficult to work with so there are no problems with hitches or aftermarket bumpers, but I'm trying. I can't give an exact date, but I'm going as fast as I can.

Martin

Safari Ary said:
Wait, so is this the GottaBeJeep gas tank skid or the DPG skid??

Basically, I design, prototype and build, Dirk helps with his knowledge to cover anything I missed in the design, put our heads together and build the best stuff we can think of, and we sell it. I don't want to get to carried away on this forum, so if you have any questions, shoot me a PM.:D

Back