• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High steer arms

I made one for the d60 in the front of my scrambler, but its alot different that one for a d30, the 60 is kingpin so there are four bolts/studs holding the steering arm on one knuckle and a grease cap on the other, so its easy to make an arm or two, I made mine from 7/8th cold role steel, measured out how far the draglink needed to come off the arm to get my length, found the angle of the knuckle, then the angle of the draglink, to figure out how to compensate for the ackerman angle.....then I took 1.25 .250 dom, and drilled drilled a 1 15/64 hole in the arm at the angle I came up with so there was a press or interference fit of the dom and the arm, then tapered the end of the tube for the hiem to travel on as the suspension cycled.

For the drag link I used the same 1.25 in .250 wall dom drilled and taped on the ends for a 3/4in (id) hiems.

there should be a pic or two that you can see it here(although it may be hard to see): http://tnscrambler.tripod.com/bubbasoffroad/id8.html

Justin

Back