• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back to School: Locker Options

JohnJohn

Member #42
Should I use a shelf this year or just let all my books & peeche folders fall to the bottom of the locker?

SERIOUSLY: I just got done rolling the old '88s axles under and lifting the new '98. I got to admit I and very excited about this rig.

I have D30 with hub conversion and D44 rear, 4.56 gears, hack&tapped 231. I want to be able to tow my 2000lb pop-up trailer with it.

So WHAT LOCKERS do I use?
1) ARBs front and rear
2) OX lockers front and rear
3) Easy Locker in the front with OX, ARB or E-Locker in the rear
4) run it open with a heavy pedal :twak:

Any other serious options that I missed?

if you got the money use arb's if not use a powertrax or aussie up front and a slectible in the back some people have auto's front and rear and like some people dont like the tire chirp

Okie Terry said:
Why don't you go into the store room and throw a dart.

What color dart should I use?
1) burgundy (OU)
2) yellow (CU)
3) orange (Texas)
4) red (Nebraska)

I can't crap with out help from this forum!

I would go back to Easy Lockers, but I think towing the camper WITHOUT a selectable is just asking for trouble. Sure do WISH there was and E-locker for the D30.

JohnJohn said:
1) burgundy (OU)
2) yellow (CU)
3) orange (Texas)
4) red (Nebraska)

I can't crap with out help from this forum!

I would go back to Easy Lockers, but I think towing the camper WITHOUT a selectable is just asking for trouble. Sure do WISH there was and E-locker for the D30.
Um, OU would be crimson, and it would probably hit the best locker in there.

For towing that camper, a selectable would be the best choice. Probably the ARBs.

JohnJohn said:
1) burgundy (OU)
2) yellow (CU)
3) orange (Texas)
4) red (Nebraska)
5) Green - CSU of course...

I vote ARBs

I think you should use BB lockers. What you do is take out the little plug on the diff and put in about 8 or 10 ball bearings. Your diffs will be locked before you know it.:looney:

Okie Terry said:
Um, OU would be crimson, and it would probably hit the best locker in there.
EXCEPT for the red and yellow one...
That would be the National Champion USC dart! :party: ;)

Ralph said:
I think you should use BB lockers. What you do is take out the little plug on the diff and put in about 8 or 10 ball bearings. Your diffs will be locked before you know it.:looney:
Do I need a specific color, or would any color work:confused: :D
My vote would be for the ARB, if you have the coin for it.

JohnJohn said:
I saw starting at $600. Wish I new exactly the $$s for the D30 and D44 options. I guess I will find out for sure tomorrow when I call Tera.

Thanks,

jj,

when i called tera a couple of months ago (after hearing rumors) i was told they would be ~$1,000 each (D30 and D44) once released...

hopefully they're more realistic w/ the pricing now. (needless to say i went w/ ARBs)

terry

Last edited:
MMIXJ said:
jj,

when i called tera a couple of months ago (after hearing rumors) i was told they would be ~$1,000 each (D30 and D44) once released...

hopefully they're more realistic w/ the pricing now. (needless to say i went w/ ARBs)

terry

Thanks Terry. I am going with the t-Locker. I found it for much less than $1000, $700 a locker, local, so no shipping. :D

Back